a counteruniformitariansism weblog

9.08.2013

While at my sister, Andrea's wedding reception PARTAY this summer of 2013, she gave me my Christmas present from the previous Christmas:

We hadn't seen each other since before Christmas 2012.  I was TICKLED to recieve the LAST original 1970 Washougal Sky River Town Meetin' poster printed by the print shop in Camas, Washington (our home town).  I have attempted to reproduce it here in a large enough format that if you click it, you will get a huge page where you can read it.  THANK YOU ANDREA, IT IS REALLY SPECIAL TO ME!

Click on the poster to enlarge - I hope you can read it!



At the event back in 1970 I was camped in my old converted bread truck in the forest at the top of the hill at the site.  My girlfriend did not want to stay, so she hiked out to her mother's house, which was, conveniently at the bottom of the steep road back to civilization.  My father came and found me out there.  He came to warn me that we were surrounded by State Patrol and national guards as we had been declared illegal.  We already knew that.  Bless his heart for doing that!  He visited for a few minutes and went on his way.





THIS SHOWS THE LOCATION OF THE POSTER IN MY HOME.



















HERE IS SOME BACKGROUND ON SKY RIVER

THANK YOU SO MUCH ANDREA!  Wishing you and Paul the best as you go onward into/through life as Paul and Andrea Fearn.


No comments: