a counteruniformitariansism weblog

10.20.2007

Earlier today I was out in my studio listening to Saturday jazz on KPLU while fabricating a new output tube/concentrator (WHY do people STILL call it a concentrator in this day and age when everyone knows it is a simple output tube?) for a ray gun I have been building. The black and white glass vacuum tube SHOULD have been a fine output tube....but NO...

which was frustrating, so I am going to try a simple aluminum output tube . I got out my trusty old Rigid tubing cutter only to learn that it was a teeny bit too small to cut this metric size tube. I decided to take the cutter apart and see if maybe there was some way to make it open a tiny bit wider (which worked out) and discoverd that the WASHER under the screw that holds the knob on is a SPARE CUTTING WHEEL. How cool is that??

With THAT done, one can SEE how much better a simple homemade man-melter will function with the aluminum output tube!

My home-made ray gun should be every bit as effecient as those of WETA (thought not so portable), and should suffice to scare the PANTS off wingnuts and right wing loonies...

No comments: