a counteruniformitariansism weblog

4.23.2012

I have been fiddling with my '98 Isuzu Rodeo 4 door 4 wheel drive thingie...

It had got itself smashed on the driver's side, so...I found a used Honda door that fit...
One of the first things I did was to get some lock-out hubs.  Then I pounded out the front fender and painted the fender and door to match in grey primer.  Since it was to be a panel truck, I put a heater inside to warm the window glass well before painting.
The rear seats and upholstery is all gone, leaving only the headliner.  The sides and floor are now plywood with a really stout bit right across behind the seats.  Almost enough room to stretch out and sleep....might do to re-think some of the insides.  So THEN I went to Portland for the Portland Roadster Show.  While up there scored a couple of huge sheets of .030 aluminum sheet to skin over the back outside...
 NOW, I am on the lookout for some bits that I can use to make up a hood top and front grille similar to this '38 Ford...

And there you have it - as of 9 PM 23 March 2012

No comments: